1) Finish the following UFOs:
- Knitted Baby Blanket - Completed - and baby Edward loves it.
- BUBBLES bubbles Wrap - I switched it to a scarf as I gave the second hank to Celtic Memory when I visited Ireland. The scarf has been started and while it has not plagued my existence like the wrap did, it has sat untouched for months.
- Spiral Pentagram Motif Shawl - Still in a bag in pieces. I'm at the point of unraveling it all and reusing the yarn with some monster needles to make a simple garter stitch shawl. I saw one at MS&W this year and loved it.
2) Design more stuff and write more crochet patterns including: coasters, fingerless mittens, and pot holders.
Completed - at least the coasters part. Designed and up for sale on Ravelry are the citrus and watermelon coasters. I have sketches of potholder designs but I haven't looked at fingerless mittens yet. There's still time, right?
3) Try to sell a project - either on Etsy, at a craft fair, or word-of-mouth.
Completed - sold a fat bottom bag. She loves it and she's had lots of people ask her where she got it. I really must get some business cards made.
4) Learn to knit socks on double pointed and/or circular needles.
Completed - the first pair was given to KMP. I've also made some baby socks. All were made on DPNs and while the magic loop method looks interesting, I'm sticking with what I know for a while. Looking forward to a sock-a-long with "C" as we both knit with the ShiBui Knits sock yarn I picked up in Portland.
5) Go to MS&W 2009
Completed - and it was a fantastic weekend!!!
6) Visit the new Lion Brand Yarn Studio in NYC.
This is slated for early October when I travel to New York for work. (Queenie - you're in, right?)
7) Complete the following new projects:
- Make at least 1 blanket for donation (charity TBD) - no progress on this one yet
- Baby blanket for Decklin or Saoirse (due in May) - Completed for Saoirse's arrival in May.
- Baby blankets for the other babies that are sure to be announced in 2009 - One is currently underway, the yarn is bought for another and there is yet another to be finished by December (yarn and pattern TBD)
- Traditional crocheted tablecloth for future Sister-in-law - I was going to make this for her bridal shower gift but I could not find a pattern that I loved. Instead, I made the cake for her shower:
If and when I do find a great pattern, perhaps the tablecloth can be a housewarming gift instead of a bridal shower gift.
- A shawl from the Amazing Crochet Lace book - I completely forgot about this resolution until I reread the list today. Socks are way more fun right now so I'm not sure if I'll get to this one or not.
8) Take another class at Joann's - cake decorating, sewing or quilting.
Actually took 2 more classes in cake decorating. All that is left is fondant and gum paste flowers. I have also come to the realization that I cannot take up quilting or any other form of sewing projects until we move into a bigger home. The craft room is packed and the cabinet is full of cake making supplies. There is no room for more crafts at the moment.
Wow - that's a lot of the list just 9 months in. I think I'll reevaluate what is left on the list and those projects that need to be completed (i.e. baby blankets) so I can better plan out the last few months of the year. Suggestions? Comments?