Monday, September 12, 2011

Butterflies 2011

My parsley plant proved to be a haven for butterflies again. This time I was prepared to keep the little guys (and/or gals) safe. I bought a butterfly enclosure so that once the caterpillars were big enough, I could keep them hidden from birds. Four caterpillars cocooned and one so far has become a butterfly. The other three are still there but I don't know if they have died or if they are waiting until the spring to emerge.

The photos below show the journey. Enjoy!

First ButterflyCaterpillars 01Caterpillars 02Caterpillars 03Caterpillars 04Caterpillars 05
Caterpillars 06Caterpillars 07Very Hungry CaterpillarCaterpillars 08Caterpillars 09Caterpillars 10
Cocoon 01Cocoon 02Cocoon  03Cocoon 04Cocoon 05Cocoon 06

Butterflies 2011, a set on Flickr.

No comments: