A quick check on my 2008 crafty resolutions...as compared to my half-year check back in July...
1) Finish the following UFOs:
Purple Dream Blanket Coasters and Coffee Cozies Eight Pocket Two-Tone Carryall Tote
- Spiral Pentagram Motif Shawl
Update: The infamous shawl. Will it ever be completed???
2) Make, block and stiffen 25 snowflakes (and yes, the two I've already made count toward the 25)
Update: While I really want to make them, perhaps have them adorn Christmas presents and our Christmas tree, I'm not too hopeful right now that I'll actually get them done considering it's only a couple months to Christmas.
3) Learn to knit socks on double pointed and circular needles.
Update: I ordered some DPNs in the normal sock sizes and my purchases from Portland are some great sock yarn to try to learn. This is still a resolution I can attempt.
5) Make a shawl from the Amazing Crochet Lace book
Update: I still have the yarn for this; but I don't think I'll have the time to start and finish it.
7) Complete the following new projects:
- Make at least 1 blanket for donation (charity TBD)
Baby blanket for Mindy Jr.
- Crochet a rug from the yarn bought at the 2006 MS&W
- Complete A-Z pillows for baby Brodie
- Crochet Christmas stockings (but this one is a bit iffy)
- I still need to mail the hat I made for charity in place of the blanket. I did order some yarn for a charity blanket - which will probably be made in 2009.
- The A-Z pillows have been taken off the list. The A pillow I started has been frogged. The bright acrylic yarn will be used for some other project.
- A rug and Christmas stockings? Seriously? It's not gonna happen.
Two months to go and two definite-must-finish projects (the blankets for KMP's baby). As for the other resolutions, they may be pushed off to 2009. :)