Sunday, May 10, 2009

MS&W 2009

The weekend of Sheep and Shenanigans was wonderful! It was so much fun hanging with all my girls and getting to ooh and aah over little baby, Edward. The festival itself was a blast. The rain couldn't keep our spirits down. The music also helped.



There were the usual cute critters, especially the alpacas.

15 - Alpacas

18 - Alpaca

We checked out all the booths and tents and even the Ravelry meet up. The one spot where the Mistress spent a bunch of money was at Brooks Farm.

14 - Brooks Farm Tent


So how much yarn did I buy?




Absolutely NONE.




??????




Yep. I didn't buy any yarn whatsoever. I sure did look at a lot of different yarns and even toyed with the idea of buying some roving and a drop spindle to learn to spin, I just didn't want to buy any of it. Maybe it's because I've been buying such wonderful yarn throughout the year as I travel for work and check out all the local yarn shops. Plus, the yarn I brought with me, the recently purchased Blue Heron Yarn, was practically yelling at me to use it. So, while resting on a blanket with KMP and baby Edward, I started the scarf.

Felted Chenille Scarf 02

The photo shows a week's progress and I hope to have it done soon.

Are you disappointed that I didn't buy any yarn? I thought I would be, as we drove away from the festival but I stand by my decision. I've got to make a dent in my overflowing stash of yarn that includes yarn purchased at MS&W 2006. Maybe I'll make enough of a dent that I'll have to buy tons at MS&W 2010.

No comments: