Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shore Living

To celebrate my DH's birthday, we headed to the Eastern shore for a few nights. Staying in our favorite town, St. Michaels, we were able to really enjoy our time there. Past visits were only day trips that always seemed to end too soon. Not this time - this time we were able to see and do all the things we wanted to over a few relaxing days. We went to the maritime museum, the St. Michaels museum, wine tasting, a cruise on the Miles River for long afternoon ride, lunches and dinners at so many wonderful places, and great accommodations at the B&B.

And knitting - lots of knitting...


at the winery...
.

on the boat...
.

at dinner...
.

and (though not pictured) in the room and at the LYS sit and knit.


The sit and knit took place at Frivolous Fibers on Sunday afternoon. I had such a wonderful time meeting the new owners and the local crafters. It was a welcoming group that made the two hours I spent there fly by.

Before I worked on the new baby hat, I first finished the fourth ocean waves baby blanket. (Not before I left for the weekend, as I had hoped, but at least now it is finished.)

Ocean Waves 4 01

As always, details on Ravelry.

In total, this is three more items off my list for a Year of Lovely Things - spend a weekend in St. Michaels, go wine tasting, and go to a knitting/crocheting group.

I hope you had a lovely weekend, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea and photos of knitting wherever you are! The shade of the blue yarn is beautiful!!
"C"