Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Completed Projects: Spider Doilies

As part of an October craft swap with friends, I made a trio of doilies to sit under votive candle holders.

Unfortunately, the photos of the doilies aren't great (poor lighting) and I took them before I attached cute little spider embellishments. I completely forgot to take photos of the candle holders until the packages were on their way across the country.

Spider Web Doily 03

As always, details on Ravelry.

The changes I made from the original pattern are that I stopped after round 10 and modified round 11 to make it the last round. I also used a thicker thread (size 3 instead of 10) not on purpose, but because I picked up the wrong size at the store. I'm still happy with the results but would use the thinner thread in the future.

I received for the swap some ever so lovely knitted goodies from Perches and a wonderful package of holiday cheer from the Queen. If I had more free time, I'd participate in more swaps like this. But for now, there's barely time to finish the projects currently underway and those currently on the to-do list. And there are too many on both lists!!!

2 comments:

RayneyDaze said...

I cannot find this pattern any more. It is still on Ravelry but the links are dead. I am new to crocheting (this will be my 3rd doily ever) so I am no good at figuring it out from the picture. I was wondering if you may have this pattern still saved somewhere. I know it is a long shot but I gotta try. On Ravelry I can be contacted under the name RayneyDaze.

Sam said...

Hi RayneyDaze,

Go to Celt's Vintage Crochet on Ravelry. You can sign up to be a member of the Yahoo group and get TONS of vintage doily patterns. Good luck!

Cheers,
Sam