As part of an October craft swap with friends, I made a trio of doilies to sit under votive candle holders.
Unfortunately, the photos of the doilies aren't great (poor lighting) and I took them before I attached cute little spider embellishments. I completely forgot to take photos of the candle holders until the packages were on their way across the country.
As always, details on Ravelry.
The changes I made from the original pattern are that I stopped after round 10 and modified round 11 to make it the last round. I also used a thicker thread (size 3 instead of 10) not on purpose, but because I picked up the wrong size at the store. I'm still happy with the results but would use the thinner thread in the future.
I received for the swap some ever so lovely knitted goodies from Perches and a wonderful package of holiday cheer from the Queen. If I had more free time, I'd participate in more swaps like this. But for now, there's barely time to finish the projects currently underway and those currently on the to-do list. And there are too many on both lists!!!