Sunday, March 13, 2011

Completed Project: Plaid Baby Blanket

I took a photo of this little blanket a couple days after I started it. I was meaning to have a post showcasing this new project and how quickly I had worked up a good part of it. But I didn't post it last weekend and then I went and completed it in just over a week. It is so good to have my crochet groove back!

Sock Monkey Blanket 01

As always, details on Ravelry.

Isn't this a cool technique to simulate the look of plaid? The free pattern is from Lion Brand. I did use a different yarn (Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Cranberry and Vanna's Choice Baby in Lamb and Chocolate) and a different hook size (J as called for by the yarn label). The colors were selected for the recipient as he will have a sock-monkey themed room. I didn't want to go overboard with the monkey faces (which honestly, creep me out a bit) that adorn some blankets. Plus the parents-to-be are going with a subtle theme, not monkeys everywhere. I think this blanket will be a nice addition.

No comments: