Saturday, October 6, 2007

T-Minus 2 Weeks

It's official - we've got a closing date and a moving date. The moving date is 2 weeks from yesterday so the preparations have truly begun. The forms for address changes are in, the new insurance policy is bought, and the boxes are going to be packed this weekend.

Actually, I'm supposed to start packing right now, but I can't seem to bring myself to start. You're talking to the Queen of Procrastination here.

Crafty things have been going on, but less so given the preparations for moving. I ordered a book called "99 Snowflakes" which has 99 patterns for crocheted snowflakes (duh!). I so enjoyed my first doily, that I thought a lucrative side business may be to make crocheted ornaments and either sell them at craft shows or online. After a quick search of Etsy, I'm not worried about any competition. I've also started another doily as I enjoy the intricate work using a small needle and crochet thread as well as the ease with which I can carry it on my commute.

Next weekend is Girls Weekend when the Mistress and the Queen will be traveling to Maryland. We'll be stopping by Stitches East (major thanks to the Mistress for putting up with the Queen and my fiber addiction) and I'm only going to buy a few thing. Only a few. Really.

So it's a busy couple of weeks leading up to the move. On top of limited time to be crafty, who knows how long it will take for Comcast or Verizon (not sure which we'll go with) will have the cable and internet hooked up so I can blog. Stay tuned... There's a new crochet corner to be established in the new place!

No comments: