Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: The Year in Review

Well, here we are at the end of 2009. Time for a look back on the craftiness that occurred this year. First, a final tally on my my Crafty Resolutions list for 2009 - my last check of the list was back in September (and oh how optimistic I was about what I thought I could accomplish).


1) Finish the following UFOs:

2) Design more stuff and write more crochet patterns including: coasters, fingerless mittens, and pot holders.
Completed - at least the coasters part. Designed and up for sale on Ravelry are the citrus and watermelon coasters. I'm hoping to get more patterns on paper next year.

3) Try to sell a project - either on Etsy, at a craft fair, or word-of-mouth.
Completed - sold a fat bottom bag. She loves it and she's had lots of people ask her where she got it. I've got some bigger plans for 2010.

4) Learn to knit socks on double pointed and/or circular needles.
Completed - the first pair was given to KMP. I've also made some baby socks. All were made on DPNs and while I'm hoping to learn other techniques such as the magic loop method. Started a sock-a-long with "C" which is under way but has no deadline by which we have to finish. Stress-free knitting is always better.

5) Go to MS&W 2009
Completed - and it was a fantastic weekend!!!

6) Visit the new Lion Brand Yarn Studio in NYC.
Visited the studio with the Queen in October. I would highly recommend it for the experience (though you can get the yarn cheaper elsewhere).

7) Complete the following new projects:
  • Make at least 1 blanket for donation (charity TBD) - no progress on this one yet

  • Baby blanket for Decklin or Saoirse (due in May) - Completed for Saoirse's arrival in May.

  • Baby blankets for the other babies that are sure to be announced in 2009 - The starghan was completed and I'm going to crochet like the wind today to try and finish the overdue Afghan of the Sandman before 2009 officially ends.
  • Traditional crocheted tablecloth for future Sister-in-law - I was going to make this for her bridal shower gift but I could not find a pattern that I loved. Instead, I made the cake for her shower.

  • A shawl from the Amazing Crochet Lace book - Yeah, that didn't happen. I think I'm going to take shawls off my list for awhile. They aren't inspiring me like they used to.


8) Take another class at Joann's - cake decorating, sewing or quilting.
Actually took 2 more classes in cake decorating. All that is left is fondant and gum paste flowers. I have also come to the realization that I cannot take up quilting or any other form of sewing projects until we move into a bigger home. The craft room is packed and the cabinet is full of cake making supplies. There is no room for more crafts at the moment.

----


While not all items were crossed off the list, I still feel pretty good about 2009. It was a busy year outside the crafty activities, with the addition of Seamus to the family and my brother-in-law's wedding. I'm working on the list for 2010 and it's looking quite ambitious.

Many thanks to everyone for reading along with the blog this year. Wishing you all a healthy, happy and crafty New Year!!!

1 comment:

the mistress said...

Happy New Year to you as well! =)
May 2010 be filled with crafty goodness.