Over the weekend, I did manage to find the aforementioned crochet hook that was trapped in the couch. It took some time and I did have to detatch the chaise from the couch in order to tip it upside down. I'd hear the clinkity clink of the aluminum hook against the wood frame, then reach into the cushions hoping I had correctly pinpointed the sound. In the end, I was victorious!
I was not as successful with meeting the deadline for the third Ocean Waves blanket. There was no way it could have been finished by Friday (without staying up every night for many nights in a row). With the deadline and pressure gone, I've gone back to working Sean's socks. I'm using the basic sock pattern found in the book "Teach Yourself Visually: Sock Knitting". While I really like the book, the errors in the basic pattern were frustrating. Because of my previous sock knitting experiences for both adult and kid sized socks, I knew something was not right with this pattern. An email to the Queen and a search for the pattern errata proved me right. I still love the book for its instructions though I must admit it would be frustrating for any newbie knitter who didn't see the errors before working so much into the sock.
There is oodles of rain in the forecast starting tomorrow and through the weekend. I think I'll be spending quite a bit of time indoors working on the socks. Hopefully I'll have some photos to share this weekend.