Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Completed Project: Ocean Waves Baby Blanket - the last one!

This blanket took waaaay too long to finish. Sure, I was distracted by other projects and life in general...but there's no good reason why this blanket wasn't done by the end of March instead of the middle of May. But now - finally! - it is finished. The baby boy for whom it was made is still shy of 5 months old so I think he'll still get plenty of use out of it.

Ocean Waves 3 03
Ocean Waves 3 02

As always, full details available on Ravelry.

I really love the color combination and prefer the bolder hues to the pastel ones I thought I might use. The border is different form the one in the pattern which made it bigger (finished size is 26" square) and gave it more texture and visual appeal. It's Lion Brand's Baby Soft yarn that is machine washable and dryer friendly - a must for baby blankets I make.

The completion of this blanket also completes an item off my list of crafty resolutions for 2010! Yay!!!

No comments: