Last time I checked on it, it was October.
1) Finish the following UFOs:
Purple Dream Blanket Coasters and Coffee Cozies Eight Pocket Two-Tone Carryall Tote
- Spiral Pentagram Motif Shawl
Update: The infamous shawl. It's still in pieces and I can't figure out how to put it all together with some kind of edging that makes sense. Does someone want to adopt this project?
2) Make, block and stiffen 25 snowflakes (and yes, the two I've already made count toward the 25)
Update: Not gonna happen in 2008. Is it worth keeping on the list for 2009?
3) Learn to knit socks on double pointed and circular needles.
Update: So freakin' close to getting this resolution done. While I didn't learn to knit socks, I did learn to knit which in itself is a pretty great thing. Socks next year for sure - I've got oodles of sock yarn just waiting to be used!
Update on this one - A couple weeks ago, I reorganized all my yarn and all the other crafty stuff stored in the craft room. It's so much easier to find things now. I also created a three-ring binder with all the patterns I've printed out. It's a much better system than cramming everything into a file folder (the previous system).
5) Make a shawl from the Amazing Crochet Lace book
Update: If I can finish KMP's second baby blanket before Christmas, I'll try to start the shawl on the train ride up to New England. But really - it's not looking good that this will happen.
7) Complete the following new projects:
- Make at least 1 blanket for donation (charity TBD)
Baby blanket for Mindy Jr.
- Crochet a rug from the yarn bought at the 2006 MS&W
- Complete A-Z pillows for baby Brodie
- Crochet Christmas stockings (but this one is a bit iffy)
- I'm going to mail the hat I made for charity in place of the blanket. I did order some yarn for a charity blanket - which will probably be made in 2009.
- The A-Z pillows have been taken off the list. The A pillow I started has been frogged. The bright acrylic yarn will be used for some other project.
- A rug and Christmas stockings? Seriously? It's not gonna happen.
Just because a lot of my resolutions went uncompleted, I did accomplish quite a bit in 2008. The aforementioned learning to knit is a big one as well as designing and selling my first crochet patterns. Given the number of unexpected pregnancies, I was also uber busy with baby blankets (especially the knitted one that I should have crocheted). I also managed to visit a bunch of local yarn stores across the country. All in all, a productive year with 21 completed projects and even more yarn added to my stash.
I've got my list of 2009 Crafty Resolutions started and while it does include a number of uncompleted 2008 resolutions, it also has some fun, new ones. Stay tuned!