Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Early spring? Perhaps mid-autumn? Cause at 70+ degrees on Thanksgiving Day and a mild 60 degrees today, it sure doesn't look like winter is anywhere close to arriving.

Howdy! Hope all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and holiday weekend. I know I did. Good times with family and friends and plenty of delicious food (see example below) and entertaining football on the TV.

Thanksgiving 2007

And while I had high hopes of accomplishing a lot of crocheting on multiple Christmas presents, that didn't exactly happen thanks to an early Christmas gift from Sean - Guitar Hero III for PC.

Now, Sean hadn't played it before while I had become addicted while playing with The Queen. When I loaded it on the computer, he watched me go through the tutorial. After my first couple of songs, he decided to give it a try. And try he did - he was hooked! Oh - the fun we had! We played non-stop for like 4 hours and ended up beating the game on 'easy' that night. I also did a bit of decorating - on my guitar.

Guitar Hero

Best. Sticker. Ever.

Yes, that is a skull wearing a viking hat. Could it be anymore perfect for moi?

I'm working to get more progress done on a blanket due for Christmas (earlier if I plan to ship it), not to mention the snowflakes I wanted to make and the coasters I need to finish. But I've got other exciting news - I got a new job! Huzzah! The commute will be shorter, the pay much better and the work just as interesting, but I'll have more ownership of it. I'll start the new job in a couple weeks so wish me luck.

In the meantime, I'll try to get a few photos of WIPs and perhaps a more crochet-focused post here on the blog.

CHERRS!

2 comments:

The Queen of the Snow Cows said...

I've ruined more people! How fun is it really? Oh the hours of fake guitar playing fun!

I can't wait until you try Rock Band!

Sam said...

Do they have the soundtrack to RENT? You know how we rock out singing RENT. ;)