Here's the starghan, finally finished - too late for the baby shower but in plenty of time for the baby.
After having to rip out the first attempt, I was true to form and hooked this blanket out in record time (just 10 days). The weaving in of the many ends took a few days (out of procrastination, not difficulty). I used Lion Brand Cotton-Ease (same as I used for a baby blanket last year, minus the terracotta color) and the size should be just right for the little guy's crib. As always, full details on Ravelry.
The blanket and one of the blue-green baby hats have been shipped to the momma-and-daddy to-be. I hope they keep the little guy warm and comforted.