Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Completed Project: Baby Set (hat and booties)

This set is for a cousin due in December/January but with a baby shower in early November. They are keeping the gender of the baby a surprise until the birth so this set is in yellow and the baby blanket I'm making will be in lavender.

Hat and Booties 02

Both patterns came from Knitting-A-Day calendars though it is not actually a set (2 different patterns). Details (yarn, needle size) can be found on Ravelry for the hat and the booties.

For the hat, instead of sewing the brim to make a picot edge, I thread ribbon through the holes to match the bows on the booties. If I were to make the hat again, I'd leave out the holes and the picot and just have the brim roll up.

I was reminded when making both projects that I really need to learn to check the properties of the yarn I'm substituting for the yarn called for in the pattern. The yarn I used has a bit too much stretch so I'm not as happy with the results.

I have to buckle down and crochet! crochet! crochet! the baby blanket that must arrive in Massachusetts by November 6. But the sock yarn on my shelf is tempting me to bring DPNs and a skein with me to Chicago.

2 comments:

Beverooni said...

How cute! (But it looks kind of peachy in color on my monitor.) Can't wait to see what else you finish up for the babies.

Anonymous said...

too precious! your friends and the babies to be are so lucky!
C