Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Austin TX Yarn Store

A couple weeks ago I was down in Austin, Texas for work. I took some time to walk around the city and to visit the LYS (local yarn store), Hill Country Weavers.



Inside this quaint little yellow house are fibers galore! Oodles of yarn to oggle. They had a wonderful collection and the staff was very friendly. I had my hopes up that this was a crochet friendly store since Debbie Stoller was scheduled to appear for a book signing of "The Happy Hooker". Sadly, when I asked where the crochet hooks were, I was directed to a small part of a large wall devoted to knitting needles and accessories. There were about 7 aluminum hooks and 5 wooden hooks. That was it - and they didn't have the H hook I wanted to buy. It was sad. :( But I wouldn't say the store isn't crochet friendly because the staff I talked to were very nice. It's just not a great store for hooks. Like I said before - LOTS of beautiful, quality yarn for purchase. I had to stop myself from buying a hank of Fiesta yarn that cost $45. Gotta save that money for MS&W. in May.

So if you're heading to Austin, TX - check out Hill Country Weavers.

No comments: