Monday, March 5, 2007

Monday Madness

Only 2 months until the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival! I'm so excited!! They are updating the site and the schedule looks great. The Queen and I will be up bright and early to arrive before the gates open.

A few WIPs updates:

Dax's Baby Blanket is on its way to completion. I'm working on the white border - some shell stitches all around look good so far.



I recently bought some of Bernat's Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes in Splash. The bold green and blue caught my eye at the store and I just had to have it. I thought it would be a good selection for a baby starghan but the change in color took away from the overall design. I frogged the started starghan and began a baby blanket crocheted on the diagonal. It's looking good and may resemble this knitted version when it's done. Problem is that I've been using an F hook and I don't like how stiff the blanket is. I may frog it entirely and use a G hook. Here's a preview:



I'm looking forward to starting the starghan with all the baby colors used in Dax's blanket. The only problem is that it is a lot of yarn to carry with me while commuting. That's why I'm liking the one skein idea of a project made with the Bernat Sweet Stripes. Once my order gets here, I'll have yarn for the skull oven mitts. Those should be a very portable project.

2 comments:

The Queen of the Snow Cows said...

Looking good, you crocheting machine!

And are those yarns shiny? I kinda hope they are because that's so fun. A baby BLINGket. Heh. ;)

Sam said...

LOL! BLINGket!!

Yes, there is a bit of shine to the yarn. Each color has a very thin, white, shiny thread spun with it. The flash of the camera makes it show up quite a bit.

BTW - is it time for MS&W yet???