Saturday, April 21, 2007

New Project: Afghan of the Sandman

I've finally started the Afghan of the Sandman, a pattern I bought from Crochet Garden. This will be blanket #2 for the little Superstar due in July.

This project didn't start off well. My first swatch was way off. I was using a G hook, as instructed in the pattern directions. This is what my first swatch looked like:

It's too curvy and uneven. The texture did not look like the pattern photos at all. Plus, I could stick my finger right through it - like saloon doors.

Lucky for me, there was some great support at Crochet Garden. After realizing I was supposed to crochet in the space of the second triple loop and not the middle chain of the triple loop, things got better. I also switched to an F hook which resulted in the right gauge. Here's the right swatch:

And here is a photo of all 1% that is done so far. I have a feeling this blanket will take quite a bit of time to finish.

No comments: