Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Project: Pentagram Spiral Motif Shawl

I finally got my nose out of Harry Potter book #5 long enough to start a new project. This project accomplishes a number of goals. One, I've been wanting to make a lightweight shawl to wear at the Maryland Renaissance Festival for the last 3 years. Two, I wanted the shawl to have a pagan or Celtic design to it. Three, I've been looking for a suitable pattern for boucle yarn I bought at MS&W two years ago.

Voila!

pentagram spiral 1

I'm using:


This first motif measures about 12" from top to bottom (as pictured). I'm not sure how I'm going to join all the motifs or how many I'll need. This is really a pattern in progress, too.

2 comments:

The Queen of the Snow Cows said...

GORGEOUS! I love it!

Can't wait to see how it all comes together. You inspire me.

Sam said...

Thanks - I'm hoping that I find a good way to join them all together. :)