Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Welcome To Tuesday

Well, hello. And welcome to Tuesday.

As the side bar shows you, I have virtually nothing on my current projects list except for the Ohio Star Variant Quilt. And the last two blog posts were related to the Simpsons. That darn Harry Potter has taken over my free time. Not to worry though - as I am almost halfway through with book 5, I'm guessing I'll be back to crocheting by the end of next week. I am itching to get a new project started but I can't seem to focus with all this Potter reading I'm doing. I doubt I'll be making a Molly Weasley sweater though.

I'm very much looking forward to our upcoming move. Not the moving part itself - but the opportunity to have a real little crochet corner in the office. I'm envisioning some shelves for books, some drawers for notions, and lots of space to store my yarn. (And by lots, I mean more than the current space which includes a laundry basket in the corner of my room and one shelf for books.) If these weren't so expensive, I'd get one. Home Decorators has some other storage possibilities - and if I get the high paying job, I just might be able to get one.

While this blog is usually just for the fiber arts, I thought it would be a good idea to pass along some health information regarding other sorts of crafts.

"Keeping the Artist Safe: Hazards of Arts and Crafts Materials"
http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/enviro/arthazards.html
Artists, craftspeople, and hobbyists use potentially hazardous substances. Learn more about the hazards and how to protect yourself from unnecessary exposures.

And that's it. Nothing too exciting, but it is an update nonetheless. Here's hoping you're all having a good week!

No comments: