Friday, June 15, 2007

Crisis Averted

Can I just say how much I love my husband?

You see, we've been tightening our purse strings because we'll be closing on our new condo in September, maybe even as early as August. Needless to say, I've been very good with my yarn buying - none, except for MS&W last month and a couple of skeins for the Ohio Star Variant Crochet Quilt.

But oh, how I want my cabled crochet socks to be all STR in "Fire On The Mountain"...so I asked him if it would be okay for me to get another hank so I could finish my socks. Because in my mind, yarn that costs over $20 requires approval from both bankers.

Here's his response:

Of course! You need to match the colors and the quality, otherwise the finished product is not as good as it could be. I know you really love to work with the yarn, so you should always feel free to get what you like in order to work on a crocheting/knitting project--as long as you have a place to put it ;)

Isn't he amazing!

So as the post says - crisis averted. I placed my order over at Blue Moon Fiber Arts. And to reward Sean for his generous nature and understanding of all things fiber, I ordered two hanks of "In The Navy" so I can make him a pair of socks, too. :)

2 comments:

The Queen of the Snow Cows said...

He is amazing, but that is why you married him, right?

I can't tell you how excited I am that you ordered more str in fire on the mountain. I am living vicariously through you.

Sam said...

Well, yes. But he understands my addiction to fiber - an addiction that did not truly show itself until after we got married. :)

I'm looking forward to getting the shipment of STR. I've got to think of what to do with the leftover yarn I'll have. Perhaps some baby booties for Heather's new arrival? Mom is prone to tie-dye after all.