Thursday, June 7, 2007

Progress Report: Cabled Crochet Socks

Voila! Photos of my progress! And I think it's quite a bit of progress since Sunday night when I started the second sock.





Because my vertical gauge is off, I've had to modify the pattern a bit as I go along. That's a bonus of doing a sock toe-up - you can try it on as you go to adjust the pattern.

My only worry right now is that I'm going to run out of yarn. You can see I don't have much yarn left on the right sock. While this currently means that my two balls of yarn were not even, I'm not sure how much yarn is left in the other ball and whether it will be enough to finish both socks with enough length at the ankle. I'm already 20 yards short of what the pattern calls for...so keep your fingers crossed that I have enough to finish.

No comments: