I seems that it is my destiny with any kind of crocheted footwear that I must frog and redo the pattern multiple times before it works. It happened when I made 5 pairs of bunny slippers for my bridesmaids and Maid of Honor, and now it has happened with the cabled crochet socks.
I had to frog the first bit I had done because the gauge was wrong - too big of a hook. I'm now using the correct hook (#2) and I got to row 12 - and I have to frog it AGAIN. While my stitch count is correct, the sc increases are not on the ends, which makes for some interesting angles instead of oval perfection.
Oh well - I will get it fixed and I will make these socks!!