Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Welcome to Wednesday

You know it's been a long week when you have a panic attack on the train because you think it's only Tuesday though it feels like it should be Friday. If you're lucky like me, your wonderful husband calms your fears by assuring you that it is indeed Wednesday and that you have Friday off from work. Only 2 days to go...

Crocheting Commuter Sighted!

On my train ride on Monday, Metro was packed and I was standing in the middle of the car. I noticed a woman sitting near to me had a big bag of yarn and was knitting. I thought she was knitting from her hand movements but then I noticed there was only one needle - in fact, it was a hook. Ah, a fellow commuter who crochets - how nice!

But I was taken aback at the way she was wielding her hook - very different from mine. Her hooked hand did most of the movements. When I crochet I use both and my non-hooked hand does most of the yarn wrapping. Perhaps I can investigate this different technique further to see if I like it.


MS&W is THIS WEEKEND!!! HUZZAH!!

My t-shirts have arrived just in time, too though I'm not sure which one I'll end up wearing. The rumors are strong that Queenie and perhaps FunkyDuck are coming down after all. Oh, that would be glorious! All that yarn, beer and pierogies! And perhaps Domino's pizza, too!


Spring has Sprung

I'm taking a class this week and I'm away from my office. While I can't check my email as often as I'm used to, a good thing is that I am forced to take a lunch (like now). Yesterday, I ate lunch outside and had a chance to do some crocheting in the sun. Spring is here - the vibrant colors, the warm weather, the smell of newly cut grass. It was lovely.

Sadly not everyday is like that. Like today - I'm inside writing this and catching up on emails. Oh well - the weather this weekend is looking warm (not hot) and no rain. I'll enjoy more then anyways.


New Projects

I've started another new project (check the side bar) but I don't have time to go into all the details now. There's no rush, really, because this project is going to take a loooooooooong time.

If you don't hear from me before MS&W, know that I'll have plenty to post about next week (and photos, too!).

No comments: