Friday, May 25, 2007

New Project: Basket Weave Scarf

I started this project in a fury - but that fury has subsided and I haven't done much with this for a few weeks. Oh well - it deserves a post anyway.



I'm using yarn I bought at MS&W at the Brooks Farm Yarn booth. Not sure of the exact color name, but the fiber is 60% Super Wash Wool / 20% Silk / 20% Viscose. The pattern is my own - just row upon row of basket weave stitch using a size F crochet hook.

Here are a couple of close up photos:





I'm pretty proud of myself with this project, not because it's complex or difficult. It's because I'm using the yarn I bought at this year's MS&W and I designed the scarf using the crochet books I got for my birthday and graduation.

What about the yarn I bought at last year's MS&W?

Well - I'm working on that. :)

4 comments:

The Queen of the Snow Cows said...

I am loving the scarf! It makes me wish I bought that yarn in the blue and grey colorway.

Damn.

Maybe next year.

And seriously, crocheted basketweave is cool!

Sam said...

I happen to like it, too. :)
It looks much better in person than it looks photographed.

As for next year, I'm already planning on spending the majority of my cash at The Fold and Brooks Farm. I say it's good to plan ahead! :)

Nikki said...

I was at MDS&W, too, and at the Brooks Farm Booth. All their stuff is nice, it was totally killing me. I got some of the Four Play, but was eyeing Acero and Macero, too. I'm loving the way yours is working up. How does it feel against the skin? Anyway, looking beautiful.

Sam said...

Thanks, Nikki.

The yarn feels good against the skin. Not scratchy, but not overly soft either. It's a firm scarf because I'm using a smaller hook. I like it quite a bit - not sure when I'll be finishing it though. :)