Friday, May 25, 2007

New Project: My First Socks

I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to ball up my STR (Socks That Rock) yarn and start the Cabled Crochet Socks.

I'm using the STR yarn I bought at MS&W from The Fold in "Fire On The Mountain". This yarn is soooo incredibly beautiful!!!



Here's a close up of what I believe will be the toe of the sock.



These will be my first pair of socks ever (that I've made, not that I've owned). It's also the first time I've ever used such a small hook (size 00). So far, it's going well - but I'm only on round 3. Keep your fingers crossed that my progress continues with only minimal, if any, frogging.

2 comments:

The Queen of the Snow Cows said...

The yarn looks so beautiful crocheted! I hope your frogging woes end and you end up with a beautiful pair of socks.

Who knows, I may be moved to crochet a pair of my own.

Sam said...

So far, so good. I'm onto the cabling part of the pattern. While a solid color yarn may have shown the cable better, I'm still loving the results. Let's hope they fit when I'm done!